This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New User

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Hi, I just stumbled upon HydroDesktop today and downloaded it. It seems that I'm running into some initial problems that I can't seem to solve. I'm trying to import data from HIS Central using the default link (water.sdsc etc.) 

I click on "Search" and then "search and download data"

I Search "HIS Central"

I select a state (I've tried Arkansas, Idaho, and I've drawn rectangles as large as the country).

I then click "more options" and get the error message that says "An Error has occurred in the HIS Central Web Service. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to load the USACE River Gages (http://water.sdsc.edu/wateroneflow/corps/cuahsi_1_0.asmx?WSDL) but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM
The Corps dataset is presently limited to the North Central Region, I believe.

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: seanjclarke
>
> Hi, I just stumbled upon HydroDesktop today and downloaded it. It seems that
> I'm running into some initial problems that I can't seem to solve. I'm
> trying to import data from HIS Central using the default link (water.sdsc
> etc.)
>
> I click on "Search" and then "search and download data"
>
> I Search "HIS Central"
>
> I select a state (I've tried Arkansas, Idaho, and I've drawn rectangles as
> large as the country).
>
> I then click "more options" and get the error message that says "An Error
> has occurred in the HIS Central Web Service. Object reference not set to an
> instance of an object"
>
> What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to load the USACE River Gages
> (http://water.sdsc.edu/wateroneflow/corps/cuahsi_1_0.asmx?WSDL) but it
> doesn't seem to be working out for me.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>
>
> Sean
>
>
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Mar 24, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Hi Sean,
Thank you for your interest in HydroDesktop. We are planning a major upgrade of the software during the next couple of days. There have been some changes in the HIS central servers which are causing the error. To solve the problem before the new release is ready, please go to the main menu and choose Search -- Change HIS Central URL and select the URL: http://hiscentral.cuahsi.org/webservices/hiscentral.asmx.

Regards,

Jiri Kadlec
HydroDesktop coordinator and developer
Idaho State University, Idaho Falls
(208) 406-2978

2010/3/23 seanjclarke <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi, I just stumbled upon HydroDesktop today and downloaded it. It seems that I'm running into some initial problems that I can't seem to solve. I'm trying to import data from HIS Central using the default link (water.sdsc etc.) 

I click on "Search" and then "search and download data"

I Search "HIS Central"

I select a state (I've tried Arkansas, Idaho, and I've drawn rectangles as large as the country).

I then click "more options" and get the error message that says "An Error has occurred in the HIS Central Web Service. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

What am I doing wrong? I'd really like to load the USACE River Gages (http://water.sdsc.edu/wateroneflow/corps/cuahsi_1_0.asmx?WSDL) but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (hydrodesktop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email hydrodesktop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Jiří Kadlec
Geospatial Software Lab
Idaho State University
Mar 24, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Thanks Jiri, I switched like you suggested and I no longer get the error message...however it does not find any data series when I draw a rectangle over a large portion of the country.

Sean