This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Coding Tips

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I'm working through the "MapWindow 6 plug-in developer tutorial" linked on the Documentation tab of this website.  Do I need to install MapWindow6 first?  If so, from where?  If not, then do I make a reference to the MapWindow.dll in the Binaries folder of the HydroDesktop source code that I downloaded from source control?  Do I still set Copy Local to false?

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Hi,

You don't need to install MapWindow6. You only need to make a reference to the MapWindow.dll in the Binaries folder of the HydroDesktop source code. Then set the build output path of your plug-in the hydrodesktop\Binaries\Plugins\[your plugin name] folder.

Yes, it's recommended to set the 'Copy Local' property of MapWindow.dll to false for plug-ins.

An alternative approach is to download the MapWindow 6 source code and binaries from the MapWindow repository (http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/MapWindow6Dev/)

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

We are currently in the process of writing a more HydroDesktop - specific plug-in developer documentation. This will include examples how to call WaterOneFlow web services and how to access the HydroDesktop databases. This will be posted to the website by next week.

Jiri

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Thanks!  Another question:  What size image should we use for buttons?  I'm going to create my own bitmap and want to know how big to make it.