Ideas for Plug-In Tutorial

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Hi HydroDesktop Team,

I'm preparing a Plug-In developer tutorial for the AWRA GIS & Water Resources conference. I'm looking for ideas for a short tutorial how to create a HydroDesktop extension (plug-in).

The plug-in should require writing a minimal amount of code so that users can complete it in < 30 minutes.

Some of my ideas are:

• Find a place on map (using google map web service)
  • Change map scale
  • Change map labels
  • Create a river profile graph
  • Forecast streamflow using ARIMA method

I'm looking here for ideas for an easy and interesting plug-in tutorial. Please post your ideas in this discussion.

Developer
Mar 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Rain Estimation at a point plugin => given time series of precip from rain gauges, create the distance-weighted average at any point (not sure what the easiest output format would be, your choice). Bonus for methods to handle missing data.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Another idea from the email discussion today suggested by Tim:

From the search results, find co-located measurements within the search area. For example, if I have search results for streamflow and for nutrient. Now I want to filter my search results to locations that have both streamflow and nutrient (within a distance tolerance)

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM

How about a custom export filter?  Maybe to HEC-DSS?  Building in a pop-up to fine tune the DSS path would helpful. 

This could be beneficial to people doing discovery in HD and analysis in other software,

Thanks,
Stephen B