This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Failing to download data from unpublished webserver

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up a HydroServer to connect to from HydroDesktop, and succeed to get the WaterOneFlow (unpublished) webservices running, however, when I connect through HydroDesktop to the webservices something gets wrong while downloading the data. The metadata where downloaded correctly but after clicking the 'run search' button I get an error message: 'System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005)', if I look in the folder with the databases of HydroDesktop, it's empty... I tried this with the exercise from the tutorial 'searching unpublished web services with hydrodesktop' as well as with my own data, I used the last stable version of HydroDesktop 1.2.625 and with beta version 1.2.591. The last beta version 1.3.212 succeeds to download the data from the example, but if I add my WaterOneFlow service, it is not in the list of DataSources, although the metadata where downloaded successfully .

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Anja

 

 

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:40 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your detailed testing. We're in the final phase of testing before releasing a 1.3 recommended version of HydroDesktop and it is reports like your that help us find and fix all issues.

To help us fix this problem faster, could you please send us a copy of your "metadata cache" database with the metadata from your service.
To get this database, please:
1. Use the 'searching unpublished web services' exercise to add your WaterOneFlow service.
2. Use the File - Save As menu to save the current project to a folder on your computer.
3. In windows explorer go to the folder where you saved your project. You should find a file [YOUR PROJECT]_cache.sqlite where [YOUR PROJECT] is the name of your project.

4. Send us the _cache.sqlite file. Please send the .._cache.sqlite file to me by email to kadljiri@isu.edu or post a link to your .sqlite file to this discussion

Regards,

Jiri Kadlec
HydroDesktop developer team


On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:37 PM, AnjaC <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: AnjaC

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up a HydroServer to connect to from HydroDesktop, and succeed to get the WaterOneFlow (unpublished) webservices running, however, when I connect through HydroDesktop to the webservices something gets wrong while downloading the data. The metadata where downloaded correctly but after clicking the 'run search' button I get an error message: 'System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005)', if I look in the folder with the databases of HydroDesktop, it's empty... I tried this with the exercise from the tutorial 'searching unpublished web services with hydrodesktop' as well as with my own data, I used the last stable version of HydroDesktop 1.2.625 and with beta version 1.2.591. The last beta version 1.3.212 succeeds to download the data from the example, but if I add my WaterOneFlow service, it is not in the list of DataSources, although the metadata where downloaded successfully .

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Anja

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (hydrodesktop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email hydrodesktop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com




--
Jiří Kadlec
Geospatial Software Lab
Idaho State University
1-208-313-8076

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Hi Anja,

There was a bug in version 1.3.212 (keyword drop-down was not correctly refreshed when using Local Metadata Cache search option) Our team has fixed this bug in the newest 1.3.225 HydroDesktop version.

Please try the following steps to access data from your private local server:
1. Download and install HydroDesktop 1.3.225 from http://hydrodesktop.codeplex.com/releases/view/78141

2. In the welcome screen select "Open Existing Project" and open your project testcase.dspx

3. In the table tab, in the "Metadata" panel, click "Manage". You should see one entry with your "AnjaC" service.

4. In the search tab, in the "Data Sources" panel, click on the "HIS Central" button. In the dialog that opens select the type of catalog: "Local Metadata Cache". Select OK.

5. In the search tab, in the "Area" panel, click on "Select By Atribute" and select Countries - Belgium.

6. In the search tab, in the "Keyword" dropdown, select the keyword "Discharge" (notice that there are now only two keywords available - hydrosphere and discharge)

7. In the search tab, in the Data Sources panel, click on "All Data Sources" button. You should see one service (AnjaC)

8. Click Run Search.

9. The search result with one site is shown. You can go to the Map tab and turn on the "Bing Street Map" or "OpenStreetMap" layer to verify the location of your site (see my screenshots)

Please let me know if these steps worked for you.

PS. I realize that the current method of adding and searching an unpublished web service is not very user-friendly (too many steps required). The HydroDesktop team is planning to simplify searching data from unpublished or private web services in the future 1.4 version. If you're interested in the technical details you can add a comment to the discussion:
http://hydrodesktop.codeplex.com/discussions/276487

 

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Hi Jiri,

Thank you and the team very much for the latest update of HydroDesktop (1.3.247), it successfully downloads the testdata from the unpublished HydroServer that I set up in my department!

In case I would encounter other problems I will keep you informed.

Regards,
Anja